2014年1月9日 星期四

Learning journal 2 - My Christmas Holidays





My Christmas Holidays 
Lisa Chiu
9 January 2014 

I had a very meaningful Christmas Holiday. First, my father’s sister came to Hong Kong for business . She came to my home . she taught me English . She taught me ‘ like ’ and ‘ big ’ . When I said ‘ like ’ , I said 'nike'. She told me to pinch my nose when I said 'nice' . When I wanted to say ‘ big ’ , I said ‘ pig ’ ! They laughed . She also talked to my mum and dad . She helped them to get along together .

On 28 December , 2013, I went for a picnic with Alex , Mario , Daniel , Mrs Li , Mrs Li's friends, and our mother at Shing Mun Reservoir. We took the MTR and then taxi .                                                  

We saw many trees. The first tree we saw on the road up the hill was Liquidambar Formosana (Sweet gum) . Liquidambar Formosana is a native deciduous tree in Hong Kong . It prefers sheltered moist environment with good soil . It can be easily recognized by its 3-lobed leaves with toothed margin , which turn brilliantly brown and red in autumn , and staying the tree until winter .


I learned a lot from my auntie and the picnic to Shing Mun. I enjoyed my Christmas holidays. 

Reference: http://resources.edb.gov.hk/trees/main_page2_eng.html

沒有留言: